Friday, October 26, 2012

DIY Wall Decor

So as I mentioned in my previous post, I am going to fill you all in on how I made my easy DIY wall decor. This past summer I was watching the High/Low Project on HGTV and fell in love with the framed wall art the host used to decorate the home, which you can look at through this link. Because it was from Crate and Barrel, a set of six frames cost hundreds of dollars, which I was not willing to pay.

I was looking for a cheaper way to still get this look. One idea I found online was painting my own patterns and buying my own frames to put the home-made art it. There was one problem: I am by no means an artist (or anything remotely close to one :)) and didn't trust myself with that task. Thankfully I came across Mel Stampz's Blog. 

 It's a great website where you can pick different patterns and different colors and the best part is that they're free! After finding 4 frames from Target on sale for $3.99 each, I printed out my favorite patterns, stuck them in my clearance frames and here's the result:


If I can do it, so can you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment